Three Vintage Postcards featuring Buildings.
1st postcard: Bletchingley Castle (Posted in 1914)
Information below from: http://www.bletchingleycastle.com/history
The main house, then called Castle Hill, was built in about 1860, by Mr John Norris. It was the main house of a sizeable estate, whose ancillary buildings and farmland can still be seen to the south.
More information at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bletchingley_Castle
2nd postcard: Clacton-on Sea, Palace by the Pier (Posted in 1913)
Information below from: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/38830
Located in the Essex seaside town of Clacton-on-Sea. The Palace Theatre was built in 1906 as part of the ‘Palace of Light’ complex. It became the Palace Cinema in 1933. It was closed in 1939 at the outbreak of World War II. After the war it was converted into a roller skating rink, then became a Louis Tussaud’s waxworks museum. It was demolished in 1974. In 1986 an extension to the Clacton & District Hospital was built on the site.
More old photos/postcards of Clacton-On-Sea at: http://www.historic-images.co.uk/essex/clacton-on-sea/
3rd postcard: Walthamstow Hall
Walthamstow Hall was founded in 1838 and is one of the oldest all-girl independent schools in the country. It was founded as an inter-denominational mission school and home for the daughters of Christian missionaries.